We were shocked when we woke up Thursday morning to find that the Brits voted to leave the Eu. Truthfully, we have not watched a lot of television while we've been here so we havent heard a lot of the rhetoric. we also hadnt asked a lot of people what they thought about the vote. we were in the Covent Garden area last night and overheard conversations of people saying I'm sure he/she can find a job elsewhere. It appears the liberal party and the financial people are in a state of shock. They're also not the natural group who would be demonstrating if you're unhappy. it appears the ones who wanted out were truly afraid they were losing their sovereignty and national identity. I think it will be a volatile market for a couple of weeks, but it will sort itself out.
Cham and I took the boat down the river to Sam's yesterday to Greenwich. I'd always wanted to see the prime meridian. It was housed in the observatory which is now a museum. The entire museum was basically based on mathematics and astronomy. When Cham and I met in the bookstore, we both started laughing because truly it almost made our heads explode. I felt like I was on the outside of something just getting ready to grasp it but it was still out of my reach. I wonder what the men who solved some of the great time/distance puzzles of their day would be doing if they were alive right now?
we ended the day with an unforgettable meal at rules, a very traditional British restaurant. It truly was like something out of Downton Abbey. It was interesting when we left the restaurant. The Bar in restrooms are upstairs. The windows were open in the bar and you could hear all kinds of commotion on the street. The bar itself was completely empty. It makes you wonder how much longer this establishment will be in existence. It really was a terrific meal.
Cham and I both feel we are so very fortunate to be living this dream of ours. It's been great hearing from you. More to come later. Edie and Cham
I bet it was very interesting at Greenwich. Wayne would have a field day there! Love to you and Cham
ReplyDeleteHave you received any of my messages from what's app? Send me something on there just to see if we're connected...❤️P
ReplyDelete