I have to apologize; I didn't check before I posted Nice and the last part was left off.
The point about the train station is that we are so accostumed to Amtrak, that we really hadn't thought about the fact you were changing countries. For that matter, we changed from one Italian train line to another when we transferred in Milan. So, if you're traveling by train and you're changing countries, realize you're probably not going to be able to purchase them on the Internet, you're going to need to do it in person.
After we got our reservations for Florence, we decided to walk up to the public garden. It's at the very top of a hill and offers fantastic views. We were told there was an elevator that could take you up, but once again, signage is an issue and we didn't find it until on our way down. That was fine, we went up one side and down the other. There's also a cascade at the top of the hill that has just enough spray and shade to cool you off. Truly, the views are spectacular.
While I had originally decided not to get into the water until I hit a sandy beach, I brought along my bathing suit, surf shoes and hotel towel just in case. A very wise decision. It was a pretty hot day, but absolutely no humidity which is marvelous, and I could hardly wait to get into the water. At some point during the night, I had decided, what the hay? Get in the water and love it, so I did. Thankfully I had my shoes because the rocks can be a challenge, but the water was fabulous, a little chilly at first but wonderful and incredibly clear and salty. Floating is a breeze. I decided to go to a public beach because I knew I wasn't going to be there long enough to pay for a private one, and that was fine. I was near the take off point for people hang gliding so it was great fun to watch people take off and land. Perfect way to spend a hot afternoon. After a no stinging brush with a jellyfish, I decided to head back to the hotel. I took a leisurely stroll and did some fantastic window shopping. I was very surprised to see how reasonable real estate is. Hmmmm . . . While there are some highly rated restaurants in Nice, we decided to go back to the long outside restaurant area to try some more seafood. It wasn't as good as the night before, but still delicious. It is obvious tourism is way down and everyone was hustling to fill there tables. We walked back by way of the sea and I looked and saw how truly happy everyone was and thought how sad that there are those who don't know that happiness and only want to destroy it for others. About 20 minutes later Cham said "look how happy everyone is. How sad for those who don't know it and want to take it from others." We have been truly blessed to be able to take this trip. Thank you for being so excited for us and for keeping us in your prayers. More than once, we know God has been traveling with us. Can't wait to tell you about Florence!
No comments:
Post a Comment