Friday, September 9, 2016

following in the footsteps of st. paul

There's no need to recreate the wheel, so I am posting Global explorers blog on the trip and adding where I need to.  it's been an amazing time. I am astounded by the distances Paul traveled, usually on foot, and the incredible faith of the early Christians.  We had two unbelievable communion services; one where Lydia was baptized in Phillipi and another in Corinth. As with all locations and shrines, is this where Paul really was?  One can't know for sure, but to be in the same area was very moving.   I will never hear Corinthians the same way again.  Astounding to see the Bema, place of judgment, where Paul spoke in Corinth. I never knew Corinth was considered the Las Vegas of its time.  Meteroa was on my bucket list and was an amazing experience.  Unfortunately so many tourists are coming now that the monks have decided to seek quiet sanctuary elsewhere. there used to be 26 monasteries. Now there Are only four, two of those are nunneries and one has only one monk left.

I have spent our last day at the beach in Nafplion.   It is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful way to depart Greece.  It has been one of the fastest trips I've ever been on.  What a great time all,of the St. Paul's folks have had. We're already talking about our next adventure on 2018, tbd.  Tomorrow we head to Athens with our St. Paul's friends.  they'll head home but we'll continue to Barcelona and then Lisbon where we'll meet up with other friends.  it's hard to believe this great experience is coming to an end.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Declan's blog follows and my pictures come afterwards.  Enjoy!

http://inthefootstepsofstpaul2016.blogspot.gr/














No comments:

Post a Comment