Just a quick note.
ps - a little teaser for those who know German. I've included a quote on our dinner placemat which had a lot of wine quotations, this being attributed to Martin Luther King. Hmmmmm . . . Ha!
Our little tour group enjoyed a birthday toast to Cham at an incredible view of the Douro valley. They served a white port and tonic and mint appertif. Delicious and wonderful memory!
While we were in Porto, we noticed groups of university students well dressed wearing black robes. They would perform silly songs, to do stunts, etc. We got the sense that they're something like fraternaties with none of the alcohol, at tleast during this time. while we were walking around Lisbon, we ran into medical and pharmacology students from Porto but they had huge musical acts with dancing. I hope you enjoy the photos. They were very, very good. I could only imagine being in labor and saying, hey,
didn't i see you perform in Lisbon?
We were in Lisbon ten years ago. Then it was a dirty, pretty depressing place. Talk about what an influx of cash can do! What a difference! Very cleaned up, new metro line, great shopping, lots of tourists, great food and drink. I highly recommend it.
While Cham and I were eating a dinner of snacks and wine looking out a second story window, a white fluffy feather drifted down in front of us. TbtG!
Can't wait to see the folks from Lynchburg in a couple of hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment